Come to the next Tenant Panel meeting

The next Tenant Panel meeting takes place at Rugby Art Gallery and Museum on Tuesday 8 August.

Panel meetings give you a great opportunity to talk to us about your homes, your communities and how we're delivering our services.

We want to know what you think and find out how we can work together to make a real difference.

At June's panel meeting at Hillmorton's Rogers Hall, tenants suggested improvements to the Tenant Handbook, particularly the information concerning damp and mould.

Following the discussion, we now intend to update the handbook and improve the content.

If you want to join us at the August meeting of the panel, email your details to, together with any questions you would like to ask us.

The meeting starts at 1.30pm.

We look forward to seeing you.

Advice and support from the housing team

You can now drop-in to the Town Hall and talk to a housing officer every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 4pm.

The new drop-in sessions give tenants the chance to raise issues and seek advice on housing issues.

Tenants can also drop-in to our new rent clinic every Tuesday and Thursday.

If you need advice or support with your rent, visit the clinic from 10am to 4pm.

Help to furnish your home

Rugby Bareboards Trust collects good quality, unwanted furniture to help furnish the homes of residents on low-incomes or in receipt of benefits.

The charity distributes furniture, soft furnishings, kitchenware, electrical appliances, gardening equipment and household items.

The trust checks and tests all items before distributing to residents in need. You can be referred to the trust by support services or contact the trust directly.

A small donation may be requested.

You can call Rugby Bareboards Trust, based at 36 Warren Road, Rugby, CV22 5LG, on (01788) 547358.

Visit the Rugby Bareboards Trust website

Walkabouts make a difference to where you live

Our programme of estate walkabouts gives you the chance to join council officers on a walk around your community - and can help us make a difference to where you live.

Walkbouts give you the opportunity to speak to officers from a wide range of council teams - including housing services, property repairs and independent living co-ordinators.

And it can make a difference. You can help us identify issues in your community, such as fly-tipping, which we can work to address.

We have included the August programme of walkabouts below - and you can download the full 2023 programme of estate walkabouts on the council's website.

Download the 2023 estate walkabout programme

If you want to join us on a walkabout, just email and let us know which one you want to attend.

Date Location
Wednesday 2 August Edmondson Close, Ferriers Close, Deepmore Road
Tuesday 8 August Ryton - Leamington Road, Manns Close, Sodens Avenue, Warren Close, Warren Field, Handleys Close, High Street; Stretton-on-Dunsmore - Hill Crescent, Meadow Close, Fosse Way, Brookside
Tuesday 15 August Featherbed Lane, Coton Road, Lever Road, Jenkins Road, Jackson Road, Wigston Road, Vere Road, Eden Road, Bromwich Road, Sewell Place, Phipps Avenue, Perkins Grove 
Thursday 17 August Charles Warren Close, James Street, James Walk, Albert Square houses, Craven Road, Oulton Road
Wednesday 23 August Robotham Close, Quarry Close, Parkfield Road, Lea Crescent, Allesley Road, Cotterell Road
Thursday 24 August Cawston - Ophelia Crescent, Portia Way; Dunchurch - Adkinson Avenue, Rye Close, Terry John Close, Coventry Road, Done Cerce Close, Rugby Road, School Street; Flecknoe - Vicarage Road, Bush Hill Lane; Willoughby - College Road, Main Street


Join the Benn Partnership Centre's green team

The Benn Partnership Centre needs volunteers to join its team of gardeners.

The centre's volunteer gardeners work hard to make gardens blossom and the team has won a number of awards at Rugby in Bloom.

If you're green-fingered and keen to join the team, call the Benn Partnership Centre on (01788) 553033 or email

Get on track for a fitter you

Hill Street Youth and Community Centre hosts a free weekly exercise and fitness sessions every Friday, exclusively for adults with disabilties or additional needs.

Sessions run from 10am to 11.30am. Call (01788) 576041 to book a place.

For more information about Hill Street Youth and Community Centre, visit 

Join the conversation on Facebook

Join our Facebook group and find out about what's happening in Rugby, together with the latest news from the council.

You can also let us know your thoughts about housing issues and chat with other council tenants from across the borough.

Visit and send us a request to join the group.

We look forward to hearing from you on Facebook.

Housing problem? Let us know

If you want to speak to us about your housing, please get in touch with us.

Your feedback allows us to address your concerns directly and gives us valuable information about how we deliver our services.

Whether it's a comment, compliment or complaint, we want to hear from you. You can call us on (01788) 533533 or simply complete an online form on our website.

Report a repair or issues with anti-social behaviour

If you want to contact us to report a repair required at your property or issues with anti-social behaviour from council tenants, please use the online forms on our website to ensure we can deal with your request efficiently and effectively.

Report a repair

Report anti-social behaviour

If you have an issue with your rent, please call us immediately (01788) 533533 so we can try to help. You can find more information about your rent on our website.

View more information about your rent

Housing Ombudsman

The council has signed up to the Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code, which aims to enable landlords to resolve complaints raised by tenants quickly.

Under the code, we have published a self-assessment which details how we deal with complaints.

If you make a complaint to us and do not agree with our response, you have the right to appeal. If you remain unhappy with how we have handled your complaint, you can contact the Housing Ombudsman.

The Housing Ombudsman website contains a range of information which you might find useful.

Visit the Housing Ombudsman website