Normally we can only give landlords information about a tenant's housing benefit claim with the written permission of the tenant.

In most cases, when a tenant is renting through a private landlord or letting agent, housing benefit is paid directly to the tenant.

However, if a tenant has rent arrears of more than eight weeks, we may be able to make future housing benefit payments directly to a landlord.

In such cases, the landlord must provide evidence of the rent arrears.

For more information, contact our benefits team on (01788) 533433 or email